Today being a Friday, we are about to hear that sweet voice of Lulu Hassan ” “Hujambo mtazamaji, karibu katika Nipashe Wikendi, jina langu ni Lulu Hassan”. No doubt that the soft spoken Swahili anchor has had a long journey to reach where she is today. Sometime back she sat down with Citizen Digital and shared her life story. Here are eight things you probably did not know about her:
1. Lulu used to read English news
Back in 2008, Lulu was a household name in Mombasa courtesy of Radio Salaam where she used to read English news.
2. She trained as cabin crew hostess
3. Contrary to common belief, she’s not Somali.
Her late mother had both Seychellois and Kikuyu roots, and father too was of Seychellois descent.
4. She met her husband, Rashid Abdalla, at work.
Lulu is married to NTV swahili news presenter Rashid Abdalla, and she met him back at Radio Salaam.
5. She doesn’t care for fame.
6. She is TV Shows scriptwriter and producer.
7. Lulu wishes her mother could see her on TV
Her mother, Mariam Abu, passed away in 2007 after being unwell, and Lulu had to take care of her two younger sisters.
8. She a production company called Jiffy Pictures.
9. She has two sons with Rashid Abdalla