This article focuses on Ardhi Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. The society was registered on 5th October 1971 by the Commissioner for Co-operative Development.
The common bond was of Ministry of Lands and Settlement but due to transfers and restructuring within the civil service to date, the society has members from all the government ministries and institutions, private sector, groups and individuals who quality as per the Sacco’s by-laws.
With an asset base of over 2.31 billion, Ardhi Sacco is one of the largest deposit-taking Saccos in Kenya.
Ardhi Sacco Membership Eligibility
- Past and present employees of all the government ministries and institutions.
- Any other person employed by an organisation registered in Kenya and capable of making regular contribution to the society and fulfilling loan repayment requirements.
- Approved business entrepreneurs and institutions.
- Non governmental organisations.
- Kenyans in diaspora.
- All universities.
- Groups and chamas.
Ardhi Sacco Membership Requirements
- Fill an application form for membership. The form can be downloaded from the Sacco’s website or picked at the Sacco’s office.
- Pay a membership fee of Kshs 1,000 once.
- Pay a monthly minimum contribution of Kshs 2,500.
- Pay a sinking fund of Kshs 300 i.e, Kshs 150 for sinking fund and the other Kshs 150 to cater for the institutional ratio deficit.
- Two passport photographs.
- A copy of National ID and KRA PIN number.
Ardhi Sacco Membership Rights
- Attend and participate in decision making at all general meetings of the society.
- To vote in all general meetings of the society.
- Be elected to organs of the society, subject to by-laws.
- Enjoy the use of all the facilities and services of the society.
- Access to all legitimate information relating to the society including; international regulations, registers, minutes of general meetings & supervisory committees reports, annual accounts and inventories of the society’s registered office.
Ardhi Sacco Contacts
Location: Survey of Kenya, Ruaraka, Nairobi.
Contact: 0730 725 000.