Kenyan citizens with a passport planning to visit Australia require a Visa. On this article, we are going to look at some of the requirements that you must meet before you apply for an Australian Visa, processing time for the Visa and the charges for the whole process.
Select the type of Visa you are planning to get ( that meets your travel purpose and duration), If you are not sure which visa is the best fit for you, please use the Find a Visa tool. For this article, we will highlight on the the Tourist Visa.
1. A completed application form ( download here)
2. Valid passport from each applicant. Your passport should be valid for at least six months from the date of travel to Canada. The validity of a visa cannot go beyond the validity of the passport. If there are not at least 2 blank pages, you will have to obtain a new passport (no additional sheets). Include all canceled or expired passports as proof of previous trips.
3. One recent passport sized photograph (45 mm x 35 mm) of each person included in the application. These photographs should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background. Please remember to print the name of the person on the back of the photograph.
4. If your name has changed or the name of anyone included in your application has changed: a certified copy of evidence of the name change.
5. Certified copies of birth certificates for you and any other person included in the application. The certificates must show the names of both parents of each person.
6. If anyone included in the application has served in the armed forces of any country: certified copies of their military service record or discharge papers.
7.Evidence of sufficient funds, such as personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records or credit card limit.
8.If you are visiting relatives or friends, a letter of invitation from your relative or friend in Australia. If your relative or friend is paying for your visit, evidence that they have the necessary funds.
9. If you are visiting under the Tourist stream: Your itinerary for your stay in Australia.
10. Evidence to show that you have an incentive to return to Kenya after visiting Australia such as:
- a letter from your employer stating your intention to return to your job
- evidence of enrollment at a school, college or university in Kenya
- evidence of immediate family members in Kenya
- evidence of property or other significant assets owned in Kenya
Children younger than 18 years of age Australia Visa Requirements
If you are younger than 18 years of age: evidence that every person with a legal right to decide where you live consents to your travel to Australia on this visa. If one or both parents are not coming with you, provide:
- statutory declaration giving their permission
- Form 1229 Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years (125KB PDF).
If you use this form, you will have to attach a certified copy of your parent’s or guardian’s government-issued identification document (such as a passport or drivers licence) with their photograph and their signature.
- Declaration signed by the person who will be responsible for you in Australia Form 1257 Undertaking declaration (125KB PDF).
- Evidence of enrollment at a Kenyan school, college or university.
Booking an Appointment
After meeting the above requirements, you can now book an appointment at the Australian Visa Application Center ( located at Nine West Building, Ring Road Parklands in Westlands) to lodge your visa application and submit your bio metrics. Register here to book your appointment .Usually, applicants can book an appointment on a working day. The average availability might slightly differ during high season.
If you wish to modify or cancel your appointment, please contact the using the information below.
Teleperformance Nairobi Visa Application Centre Contacts
|Australian Visa Application Center Office||Nairobi|
|Address||Australian Visa Application Centre|
Unit 2, 1st floor
Nine West Building, Ring Road Parklands
Westlands, 00100 Nairobi
|Visa Application Centre Hours||8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday to Friday|
(Except for Public Holidays)
|Call Centre Hours||9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday|
(Except for Public Holidays)
Australia Visa Application charges for Kenyan Citizens
The Visa Application charges depend on the type of visa you are applying for and only cash payment in KES is accepted in the Australian Visa Application Center in Nairobi.
Tourist / Business Visitor (Subclass 600) Visa Charges for Kenyan Citizens
|Visa payment type||Visa Fee in AUD||Visa Fee in KES|
|Base Application charge||140||12000|
Service Fee is payable in addition to the Visa Application Charges at time of application submission.
|PRIMARY SERVICE FEES|
Biometric and Application lodgement – Primary Applicant
Biometrics only – applicants with a letter of referral from Embassy
Resident Return visa applications – no biometrics required
|SECONDARY SERVICE FEES|
Bio metric and Application lodgement – Additional applicant on the same form as the Primary applicant
Citizenship by Descent and Australian Declaratory Visa applications – no bio metrics required
Additional Document Drop*
Collection of your VISA and documents
- To collect your documents at the Visa Application Center, please ensure to come with your “Visa Application Checklist” notification (given to you by our agent after submitting your application) and an original ID document containing a photo.
- If you wish to ask a third party to collect your documents on your behalf, she/he should bring an authorization letter signed by you (please download template here), your “Visa Application Checklist” notification, a copy of your ID document containing a photo, and their original ID document also containing a photo, such as a passport or driver’s licence.
How long does it take to get an Australian Visa in Kenya?
It takes an average of 25 days to process an Australia Visa for Kenya Citizens.