This article focuses on Azima Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. Azima Sacco Society Limited was formerly known as Kenya Canners Sacco.
It was registered as a co-operative society in 1966 but registration renewal was done on 13th April 1987 under the Societies Act Cap 490.
The Sacco was formed by employees of Delmonte (K) company who came together out of a common need for financial growth. Over the years, the sacco has provided financial services to its members which has seen them grow in many ways.
In 2016, the Sacco opened up its doors to the public so that they can enjoy the same growth as its members had and continue to have.
With 10,344 members in FOSA and BOSA, the Sacco is based in Thika and has a branch at Ol Donyo Sabuk offering both BOSA and FOSA services.
Azima Sacco Membership Eligibility
- The society’s doors are open for membership to all who wish to join as long as they are within the accepted common bond.
- Majority of its membership is drawn from Delmonte Kenya Limited based in Thika.
Azima Sacco Membership Requirements
- Fill in a membership application form which is readily available on the website, at the headquarters and every society branch countrywide.
- Pay a one off fee of Kshs 600.
- Buy 600 shares at Kshs 20 each.
- Minimum deposit contribution is Kshs 1,000.
- Members get educated on financial matters by teaching prudent handling, budgeting and keep track of money.
- Interest rates on both savings and loans are better than those offered by commercial banks.
- High savings will qualify for higher loans.
- High savings will result in high dividends.
- High savings will strengthen the society’s lending capacity.
- High savings guarantee a member a comfortable retirement.
- Incase of death of a member, the family is assisted by the society with funeral cash to organise for the burial.
Azima Sacco Products
FOSA Products & Services
- Ordinary savings account.
- Fixed deposit.
- Group savings account.
- Junior account.
- Education account.
- Holiday account.
- Microfinance account.
- Okoa mwezi.
- Super loan.
- Salary advance.
- Pineapple loan.
- Jijenge loan.
- Jipange loan.
- Jahazi loan.
- Normal loan.
- Masomo loan.
- Emergency loan.
Azima Sacco Contacts
1. Head Office
Location: Azima Plaza Building, Thika Town.
Contact: 0714 479 004.
2. Ol Donyo Sabuk Branch
Contact: 0714 479 004.