Wings to Fly is a scholarship program which was launched by the Equity Group Foundation in conjunction with the MasterCard Foundation back in 2011 to support academically gifted yet economically and socially marginalized young Kenyans. The program defines social and economic vulnerability to include students who have lost one or both parents, students whose parents are living with HIV or chronic illnesses and who are unable to educate their children, and families affected by disasters such as famine.
Potential scholars are selected by the Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB), which is made up of key leaders in the community and is chaired by the County or sub-County Director of Education.
The program is gender and region balanced. The application is open to any student who comes from a financially disadvantaged family background and has scored among the top five percentile in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examinations in the participating districts. Scholarship application forms are available at Equity Bank branches, Equity Agents, and on the Equity Group Foundation’s Website as soon as the KCPE results are announced.
Equity Bank Wings To Fly Scholarship Application Requirements 2023
- Only 2022 KCPE candidates can make this application
- The information provided in the online form is intended to help the Equity Group Foundation Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB) understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship/award.
- All fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory fields and must be filled.
- The online application form must be filled out accurately, honestly and Equity Group Foundation will reject any applications without relevant documents.
- You will be required to have soft/scanned copies of the following documents to complete the online application:
- KCPE Results Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school)
- Copy of Death Certificate (if father/mother is/are deceased)
- Evidence of financial support (if they have received support in the past)
- Evidence of special needs (if they have indicated special needs)
- Copy of Pay Slip/Bank Statement (if parents/guardians are employed/businessperson/people)
- Signed Declaration by Applicant and Parent/Guardian
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Filled out application and recommendation form by Head Teacher, Provincial Administration, Religious Leader and any other leader
- The completion and submission of the form are not a guarantee for sponsorship. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
How To Apply For Equity Wings To Fly Scholarship 2023 Online
The applicant should create a new account through the Equity Wings To Fly portal; https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke and fill in the 2023 application form for consideration.
Equity Group Foundation Contacts
Phone: +254 763 000 000
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Equity Center, 8th Floor, Hospital Road, Upper Hill