This article focuses on Fortune Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. Fortune Sacco was initially registered as Kirinyaga District Farmers Sacco Society on the 1st day of May 1998 after the transformation of Kirinyaga District Co-operative Union banking sector to be an autonomous Sacco.
It rebranded to Fortune Sacco in 2008. Currently, it has a membership of over 125,000 members with an asset base of more than 5.56 billion.
Fortune Sacco Membership Eligibility
Any Kenyan can join the Sacco as an individual, business, investment group or as a company.
Fortune Sacco Membership Requirements
- A copy of National ID.
- Entrance fee of Kshs 100.
- 10 shares each worth Kshs 100.
- Passport size photo taken at the branch.
How to Join Fortune Sacco
You can join the Sacco by visiting any of its branches to fill a membership application form or you can download the form online and forward it to any of the branches.
One may be admitted as a member of the sacco if he/she meets the following requirements;
- Is within the field of membership provided for in the by-laws.
- Is not less than 18 years of age, if a natural person.
- Is not directly, a money lender or carrying out such activities detrimental to the objectives of the Sacco.
- Is of good character.
- Is introduced by an existing member.
- Has regular income from employment, business or trade.
- Has paid entrance fee and minimum shares as prescribed in the membership policy.
- Has understood the objectives of the Sacco, his obligation as a member and other membership requirements as stated in the sacco by-laws.
- Is within the field of membership provided in the by-laws.
- Earn annual dividends.
- Elect delegates during elections.
- Access free financial advice.
- Access affordable credit and other financial services.
- Get an opportunity to invest in a growing financial institution.
Fortune Sacco Contacts
Head Office: Fortune Plaza, Kerugoya Town.
Contact: 0724 256 957.