This article focuses on the functions of Chief Administrative Secretaries (CAS) in Kenya. The office of the Chief Administrative Secretary was established by H.E. the president under Article 132 (4) (a) of the constitution of Kenya.
Currently, there are 50 Chief Administrative Secretaries. They are responsible to the Cabinet Secretary in the performance of their duties.
Chief Administrative Secretaries in Kenya serve on a contract basis as determined by the appointing authority. Their position is graded at CS6 3 in the public service, as stipulated by the Public Service Commission. Remuneration and benefits commensurate to the level are applicable.
Requirements for Appointment as a Chief Administrative Secretary in Kenya
- You must be a citizen of Kenya.
- A bachelor’s degree from a university recognised in Kenya.
- Demonstrate ability to manage the administrative political interface.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to articulate public policies and programmes.
- Demonstrate ability to undertake complex and high-pressure tasks that require engagements with multi-institutions and other public officers.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of national values as well as values and principles of public service.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of good governance.
- Meet the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
Functions of Chief Administrative Secretaries In Kenya
Specific duties and responsibilities of the Chief Administrative Secretaries include;
- Responding to issues/ questions touching on the portfolio assigned to the office.
- Providing liaison with the National Assembly and Senate.
- Providing liaison with county governments on matters of concurrent mandate.
- Providing inter-ministerial/ sectoral coordination.
- Representing the cabinet secretary as instructed by the CS.
- Execute any other duties and responsibilities specifically assigned to the office by the cabinet secretary in furtherance of the interest of the ministry.
Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) Salary In Kenya
Monthly Salary: Ksh 780,000.
Car Grant: Kshs8 million.
Mortgage: Kshs 35 million.
Health cover: Kshs 10 million inpatient and Kshs 300,000 outpatient.
|Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) Salary In Kenya
|Total Salary Per Month