The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent board which was formed in 2010 to ensure equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the national and the county governments, and among the county governments.
Functions Of Commission On Revenue Allocation in Kenya
1. The main function is to recommend the basis of equitable sharing of revenue raised by the national government between national and county governments.
2. It recommends on matters concerning the financing of both the national government and county governments.
3. It recommends on matters concerning financial management of both national and county governments.
4. Defines and enhance revenue sources of the national and county governments.
5. Encourages fiscal responsibility by the national and county governments.
6. Advises the parliament before passing any bill appropriating money out of the Equalization Fund.
7. Publishes and reviews the policy that sets out criteria for identifying marginalized areas in the actualization of the equalization fund
8. Advises the parliament for all laws being enacted relating to devolved government.
9. It submits its recommendations to the Senate, the National Assembly, the national executive, county assemblies and county executives.