These are functions of the Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest). It is a statutory body that was established in 2004, through an Act of Parliament (Investment Promotion Act No. 6 of 2004). It was mainly established to promote investments in Kenya.
The overall responsibility of the Authority is vested upon a Board of Directors, by the Investment Promotion Act in section 16(i). The board is headed by a Chairman who is a Presidential appointee for a period of 3 years. Other board members are government representatives in various capacities and the Managing Director who is the board’s secretary.
KenInvest’s mission is to promote and facilitate domestic and foreign investment in Kenya, by advocating for a conducive investment climate, providing accurate information and offering quality services for a prosperous nation.
Functions of Kenya Investment Authority
1. Investment promotion
- To provide information on investment opportunities and the various sources of capital
- To provide information to investors on the business climate, operating rules, investment opportunities and sources of capital
- To encourage investment into Kenya by both local and foreign owned companies
2. Investor Facilitation
- To assist investors in obtaining licenses, permits, incentives and exemptions
- Ensure expeditious and quality facilitation of projects for prompt implementation
- Liaison with other government agencies for the issuance of additional licenses and approvals not directly handled with the Authority
3. Aftercare Services
- Provision of effective post-implementation aftercare services
- Follow up with investors at regular intervals so as to assist in smooth project implementation and address any concerns
4. Research, review and analyse policies and engage in policy advocacy geared towards improving the business environment.
Kenya Investment Authority Contacts
Head office: UAP Old Mutual Tower, 15th Floor, Upper Hill
Address: P.O. Box 55704-00200 City Square, Nairobi, Kenya
Contact: 0730 104 200, 0730 104 210
Email: [email protected]