This article highlights the functions of Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade). It is a state corporation under the National Treasury. It was established in January 2011, to facilitate cross border trade, establish, manage and implement the National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System).
Kenya TradeNet System is an online platform that serves as a single entry point for parties involved in international trade and transport logistics to lodge documents electronically, for processing and to make payments electronically, for fees, levies duties and taxes on goods imported or exported in the country.
Functions Of Kenya Trade Network Agency
1. Maintain an electronic database of all imported and exported goods and services, and the levies, fees, duties and taxes charged on imported or exported goods and services.
2. Implementation of policies relating to the National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System).
3. Integrate electronic systems of public and private entities involved in receipting, processing and approving documents relating to international trade transactions.
4. Develop, manage and promote interchange of electronic data for facilitation of trade.
5. To undertake and co-ordinate research and surveys in electronic commerce aimed at simplifying and harmonizing trade documentation.
6. Collection of trade statistics.
7. Plan, develop, monitor and evaluate training programmes for all stakeholders to ensure conformity with international best practices.
8. Perform any other functions related to trade facilitation.
Kenya Trade Network Agency Contacts
Location: 1st Floor, Embankment Plaza, Longonot Road, Upperhill, Nairobi
Contacts: 0709 950 000, 0204 965 000
Email: [email protected]
Nairobi Branch Office
Location: Inland Container Depot, Off Mombasa Road
Location: Jubilee Arcade 3rd Floor, Moi Avenue