In this post, we have listed the functions of the Nursing Council Of Kenya. The Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK) is a regulatory body established by the Nurses Act Cap 257 of the Laws of Kenya to regulate standards of nursing & midwifery education and practice.
Established in 1983, The Nursing Council Of Kenya is the only professional regulatory body for all cadres of nursing and midwives in Kenya. It is headquartered at the NCK Plaza on Kabarnet Lane, off Ngong Road in Nairobi.
Functions Of The Nursing Council of Kenya
1. The core function of the council is to regulate the nursing & midwifery education and practice in Kenya.
3. It establishes and improves standards of all branches of the nursing profession and safeguards the interests of all nurses in Kenya.
4. The council establishes and improves the standards of professional nursing and of health care within the community.
5. The council makes provision for the training and instruction for persons seeking registration or enrolment as nurses or midwives in the country.
6. The council prescribes and regulates syllabuses of instruction and courses of training for persons seeking registration or enrolment as nurses or midwives in Kenya.
7. The council prescribes and conducts examinations for persons seeking registration or enrolment in the nursing & midwifery profession.
8. The council prescribes badges, insignia or uniforms to be worn by persons registered, enrolled or licensed to be nurses or midwives in Kenya.
9. It recommends which institutions to be approved for nursing & midwifery training in Kenya.
10. It develops and reviews nursing and midwifery training material.
11. It approves nursing and midwifery training programs in Kenya.
12. The council develops and enforces standards for nursing and midwifery education and practice in Kenya.
13. Inspection and approval of health and training institutions.
14. It investigates malpractice and enforces disciplinary measures for nurses and midwives in Kenya.
Nursing Council of Kenya Contacts
Head Office: NCK Plaza, Kabarnet Rd off Ngong Rd
Phone: +254 20 7854665, +254721920567, +254733924669