This article highlights the functions of the Anti-Counterfeit Authority (ACA) in Kenya. It is a state corporation under the Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry.
The agency was established by the Anti-counterfeit Act of Kenya 2008 to prohibit trade in counterfeit goods and promote intellectual property rights protection in Kenya. It came into operation in June 2010.
Functions Of The Anti-Counterfeit Authority (ACA) In Kenya
1. It combats counterfeiting, trade and other dealings in counterfeit goods in Kenya.
2. It enlightens and informs the public on matters relating to counterfeiting.
3. It devises and promotes training programmes on combating counterfeiting.
4. It coordinates with national, regional or international organisations that combat counterfeiting.
5. The agency prosecutes cases resulting from IPR infringement.
6. It investigates, seizes, and stores all goods reasonably suspected counterfeit in Kenya.
7. It destroys all counterfeit seized goods under court orders or voluntary forfeiture by the suspect.
Anti-Counterfeit Authority (ACA) Contacts
Head Office: National Water Plaza, 3rd Floor, Dunga Rd, Industrial Area
Phone: +254 717 430 640, 020 2280000