Here are Micro and Small Enterprises Authority (MSEA) functions. It is a state corporation under the Ministry of Cooperatives, Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Development.
The authority was established under the Micro and Small Enterprises Act No. 55 of 2012 to promote, develop, and regulate micro and small enterprises. MSEA is mandated to provide an enabling business environment, facilitate access to business development services by micro and small enterprises, facilitate formalization and upgrading of informal micro and small enterprises, promote an entrepreneurial culture, and promote representative associations.
Functions Of The Micro and Small Enterprises Authority (MSEA)
1. It formulates and reviews policies and programs for Micro and Small Enterprises.
2. It monitors and evaluates the implementation of existing policies and programmes related to or affecting micro and small enterprises and advises the Government on appropriate policies and courses of action.
3. It coordinates, harmonises and facilitates the integration of various public and private sector activities, programmes and development plans relating to Micro and Small Enterprises.
4. It promotes and facilitates research, product development and patenting in the Micro and Small Enterprises sector.
5. It promotes the mainstreaming of youth, gender and persons with disabilities in all micro and small enterprises’ activities and programs.
6. It mobilises resources for the micro and small enterprises sector development.
7. It promotes access to markets by micro and small enterprises.
8. It promotes innovation and the development of products by micro and small enterprises.
9. It formulates capacity-building programmes for micro and small enterprises.
10. It facilitates technology development, acquisition and transfer by micro and small enterprises.
11. It develops mechanisms, tools and programs for the collection of comprehensive data in collaboration with key stakeholders, to enable proper planning for the micro and small enterprises sector.
Micro and Small Enterprises Authority (MSEA) Contacts
Phone: 020 3340006, 0700 666 000, 0770 666 000
Head Office: Utalii House, Utalii Lane, 10th Floor, Nairobi.