This article focuses on GDC Sacco membership eligibility and requirements. GDC Sacco was formerly known as Githunguri Dairy and Community Sacco. It is a licensed deposit-taking, medium-sized and rapidly growing financial institution with its head office in Githunguri Town.
The Sacco was established and registered in 2003 as a Back Office Service Activity (BOSA). The Front Office Service Activity (FOSA) was opened in 2006. With an asset base of more than 4.25 billion, it is one of the largest deposit-taking Sacco in Kenya.
GDC Sacco Membership Eligibility
Any Kenyan citizen is eligible to join the Sacco. You can join as an individual, group or as a diaspora member.
GDC Sacco Membership Requirements
(i). Individual Account
- Complete personal account application form. The form is available on the Sacco’s website. It can also be obtained from any of the Sacco’s offices.
- Copy of National Identity Card or valid Kenyan passport.
- Coloured passport size photograph.
- Registration fee of Kshs 500.
(ii). Joint Account
- Complete joint account application form. The form can be downloaded from the Sacco’s website.
- Copy of National Identity Card or valid Kenyan passport for all the applicants.
- Coloured passport size photograph for both applicants.
(iii). Group Account
It is suitable for welfare groups, corporates, schools, hospitals, churches and other institutions.
- Complete group account application form.
- Attach minutes of the group’s meeting resolving to join GDC Sacco.
- Attach the group’s constitution.
- Attach copies of ID, passport and photos of authorised signatories.
- Attach copy of group’s registration certificate.
(iv). Diaspora Membership
The diaspora recruitment is open to all members who have proof of being in the diaspora and are able to make regular contributions.
- Dully filled account opening form.
- Attach ID/Passport.
- Attach copy of KRA PIN certificate.
- Passport size photograph.
- Know Your Customer (KYC)- to be introduced by an existing member.
GDC Sacco Contacts
Head Office: GDC Sacco Plaza, Opposite Main Market, Githunguri Town.
Contacts: 0723 400 611/ 020 201 5366.