This is a guide on how to amend NHIF’s existing membership. Registered members of the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) may amend beneficiaries on their card.
By amending, one may decide to include his wife, her husband, a newborn child etc.
Provision of this service is available at any NHIF offices or Huduma Centres across Kenya.
- NHIF number
- Original ID
- A duly filed amendment document
- Applicable documents attached
1. To input the name of a spouse for the 1st time even after a member is already registered, copies of I.D for
Member and spouse is required.
2. To change the name of spouse the following documents will be required:
- Copies of I.D for Member and spouse
- Marriage certificate/Affidavit from a Magistrate Court
- Death Certificate (if the spouse is deceased)
- Divorce Certificate (if you are divorced)
3. Visit your nearest NHIF branch
Contacts for queries about NHIF membership amendment
Huduma Centre: +254 (020) 6900020
NHIF: 0800 720 601, (020) 2723255/56, (020) 2714793/94, (020) 2722527
Download the amendment form here