This is a simple guide on how to apply and repay Zenka mobile loan using Mpesa as of 2020. This app is operated by Pata Mkopo Company and currently has more than 100,000 downloads on Google Play store. Zenka provides instant emergency loans from Ksh 500 to Ksh 10,000. All you need to register for Zenka is your name and ID number. However, your credit score from various credit reference bureaus will determine if you qualify for the loan.
How to register and Apply for Zenka Loan
1.Download Zenka mobile loan app from Google Play Store. Here is the download link
2. Start the application
3. Choose your loan amount
4. Click on ‘Apply for loan’
5. On the next screen, click on ‘Sign up’
6.Enter your first name, last name and National ID
7.Choose a security question and enter your answer
8.Enter a 4-digit PIN number
9.Follow the link that you will receive and read the Terms and Conditions
10.After reading the terms and conditions, click on ‘Agree and sign up’ and you will receive an SMS with a 4-digit verification code.
11.Input the code and click done
12 . You will have successfully registered with Zenka. Now proceed with the loan application with the steps below.
- Start the application
- Select your loan amount and term
- Click on ‘Get loan’
- You will receive your offer details and click on ‘Get loan’
You will then receive your loan straight to your MPesa account after an instant verification process by the Zenka team. They use credit information from various CRBs such as Metropol, TransUnion and CreditInfo to process your loan. Data from your phone i.e Mpesa history, SMS and call logs is also used in the process.
You can also register for a loan from Zenka using this USSD Code *483*101#.
Zenka Loan Limit
You can borrow from as low as Ksh 500 to Ksh 10,000.
How to increase your Zenka Loan Limit
You can only increase your loan limit by paying your loans on time.
Zenka Loan Repayment Period
Zenka offers a repayment period of 30 days with a single payment option.
Zenka Mobile Loan Interests
Zenka loan charges an interest rate of 11% with a repayment period of 30 days.
How to Repay Zenka Loan Via Mpesa
1. Go to your Mpesa Menu
2. Select Lipa na Mpesa
3. Select PayBill
4. Enter 979988 as the business number
5. Enter your phone number as the account number [irp posts=”11046″ name=”How to Qualify For Tala Loans in Kenya 2019″]
6. Enter the amount you want to repay
7. Enter your Mpesa pin and press OK
8. You will receive a transaction confirmation message from Mpesa.
You also repay your loan through the Zenka App
- Start the application
- Scroll down and click on ‘Repay’
- Select or edit the default repayment amount (open amount)
- Click on ‘Repay now’ and follow the Payment Link.
- After your payment has been processed you will receive an SMS notification.
Zenka Loan Penalties
You will be charged a 1% penalty rate from the amount borrowed per each day of delay. To ensure that your credit history is not negatively impacted, always repay your loan on time.
You can write an email to [email protected] if you have any further questions.