This article focuses on how to apply for a cabin crew member certificate in Kenya. It is mandatory for any person wishing to practice as a cabin crew member to apply for certification from Kenya Civil Aviation Authority.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is the body tasked with regulation and oversight of aviation safety and security, provision of air navigation services, training of aviation personnel and development of civil aviation.
Eligibility For Application
1. Applicant should be at least 18 years of age.
2. The applicant should be able to read, speak and understand the English language sufficiently to adequately carry out the responsibilities of a cabin crew member.
3. Applicant should have completed a course of training approved by the Authority, proven by a letter from KCAA confirming the approval.
4. Applicant should have passed a knowledge and practical test within the last six months preceding the date of application.
1. Visit the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority website www.kcaa.or.ke. Proceed to download the Cabin Crew Member Certificate Application Form.
2. The form should be duly filled, signed by the applicant and Head of Operation and stamped by the company.
3. Attach relevant documents as listed below.
- Current Medical Certificate Class 2.
- Knowledge and practical tests results slip. The knowledge test results for a cabin crew member certificate shall be valid for twelve months after passing the examination.
- 2 passport size photos whose size should be 2cm by 2.5cm.
- Copy of a photo ID or passport.
- A certificate issued by an ATO, indicating satisfactory completion of the training.
- Copies of the applicant’s company’s competency booklet showing the ratings they hold, safety and emergency procedures training dates, first aid renewal and drills dates.
- First aid certificate.
4. The prescribed application fee is Kshs 2,000. The certificate is valid for a period of 1 year and is renewable.
Renewal Of The Cabin Crew Member Certificate
A holder of the cabin crew member certificate may apply for renewal if the holder has successfully completed the annual safety and emergency procedure training approved by the Authority, after every 12 months. This is proven by an endorsement on their competency book.
Requirements for renewal are as follows;
- Duly filled and signed cabin crew member certificate application form.
- Copies of the first four pages of the competency book should be in the application package.
- The cabin crew member certificate on which the renewal dates will be typed.
- A current class 2 medical certificate.
- Payment of the prescribed fees of Kshs 2,000.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Contacts
Head Office Location: Aviation House, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi.
Contacts: +254 728 606 570, +254 709 725 000, +254 734 000 492.