This is a guide on how to apply for the Equity Wings To Fly Secondary School Scholarship Program for 2023.
Following the release of KCPE results for 2022, candidates who meet the requirements can now apply for the 2023 Equity Wings To Fly Scholarship program. Wings To Fly is a scholarship program which was launched by the Equity Group Foundation in conjunction with the MasterCard Foundation back in 2011 to support academically gifted yet economically and socially marginalized young Kenyans.
The program has so far sponsored 26,304 students from financially challenged backgrounds to access secondary education. The program beneficiaries are selected from across Kenya’s 47 counties, based on their performance in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination.
Equity Wings To Fly Scholarship application is made at all Equity Bank branches, Equity Agents and on the Equity Group Foundation’s Website. Beneficiaries of the scholarship are selected by the Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB), which is made up of key leaders in the community and is chaired by the County or sub-County Director of Education.
Equity Wings To Fly Scholarship Application 2023 Requirements
A successful applicant for the Wings to Fly Scholarship should be:
1. Academically Promising – top 5th percentile performing student in their Sub-County in the 2022 KCPE results.
2. Orphaned or from vulnerable backgrounds (as defined below):
- Children who have lost one or both parents and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – evidence in form of Death Certificates/Burial Permits/letter from your Chief should be attached.
- Children whose parents are physically or mentally challenged and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education.
- Children whose parents are living with HIV/AIDS or other chronic debilitating illnesses and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – medical records should be sought.
- Children from families affected by natural disasters such as flooding, drought, famine or civil conflict are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – the family’s current living conditions.
- Children who have suffered neglect and/or abandonment and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education.
- Children with parents living in extreme poverty and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education.
How To Apply For Equity Wings To Fly Scholarship 2023 Online
The applicant should create a new account through the Equity Wings To Fly portal; https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke and fill in the 2023 application form for consideration.
2. Login Page.
Click on Create an Account. You will be redirected to a new page where you will register for the Foundation. Fill in all the fields provided.
3. Activate the Account
Once you fill out the registration form and submit it, an Activation Code will be sent to your phone via SMS and email
[if provided]. Enter the code and click the ‘Activate Account’ button to activate your account.
4. Scholarship Application
Once you log in successfully, you will be redirected to a new page where you will see open scholarship for application. Read the scholarship description and click Apply. Fill in all the fields provided in every step, then click on the Save Changes button to submit your details in every step.
5. Final Step
The final step is for you to click on the ‘Submit Application’ (button) to review or edit any part of the form.
Once you review and submit your application, you will be directed back to the application dashboard which displays the Application Status. The beneficiary can view more details of their application by clicking on the ‘View Application’ button.
Please note that:
- Only 2022 KCPE candidates can make this application
- The information provided in the online form is intended to help the Equity Group Foundation Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB) understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship/award.
- All fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory fields and must be filled.
- The online application form must be filled out accurately, honestly and Equity Group Foundation will reject any applications without relevant documents.
- You will be required to have soft/scanned copies of the following documents to complete the online application:
- KCPE Results Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school)
- Copy of Death Certificate (if father/mother is/are deceased)
- Evidence of financial support (if they have received support in the past)
- Evidence of special needs (if they have indicated special needs)
- Copy of Pay Slip/Bank Statement (if parents/guardians are employed/businessperson/people)
- Signed Declaration by Applicant and Parent/Guardian
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Filled out application and recommendation form by Head Teacher, Provincial Administration, Religious Leader and any other leader
- The completion and submission of the form are not a guarantee for sponsorship. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
Equity Group Foundation Contacts
Phone: +254 763 000 000
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Equity Center , 8th Floor, Hospital Road, Upper Hill