Following the release of KCPE results for 2019, candidates who meet the requirements below can now apply for 2020 Equity Wings To Fly Scholarship program. Wings To Fly is a scholarship program which was launched by the Equity Group Foundation in conjunction with the MasterCard Foundation back in 2011 to support academically gifted yet economically and socially marginalized young Kenyans.
The program has so far sponsored 16,168 students from financially challenged backgrounds to access secondary education. Potential scholars are selected through a transparent and community-owned selection process. District Scholarship Selection Boards (DSSBs) are constituted in all recruiting districts under the coordination of the Equity Bank branch in the locality. Students who rank in the top in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examinations are identified and screened based on factors of social and economic vulnerability.
Equity Bank Wings To Fly Scholarship Application Requirements
1. Only 2019 KCPE candidates are eligible to make an application for this scholarship.
2.KCPE Results Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school). For early bird applications, you will be allowed to complete the application form without KCPE marks and Result Slip until submission.
3. Copy of Death Certificate (if father/mother deceased).
4. Evidence of financial support (if they have received support in the past).
5. Evidence of special needs (if they have indicated special needs).
6. Copy of Pay Slip/ Bank Statement (if parents/guardians are employed/business).
7. A signed declaration by Applicant and Parent/Guardian
8. Filled application and recommendation form by Head Teacher, Provincial Adm., Religious Leader and any other.
Applicants should create a new account through the portal https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/register_w2f and fill in the 2020 application form for consideration.
To contact the Equity Group Foundation regarding the scholarship program, call +254 (020) 2744000, +254-711 025000, +254-734 108000 or visit your nearest Equity Bank branch.