This is a step by step guide on how to apply for HELB compliance certificate. Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is a statutory body established in 1995 by an Act of Parliament ‘Higher Education Loans Board Act’ Cap 213A.
HELB’s mission is to provide affordable loans to Kenyans pursuing Higher Education through adequate mobilization and prudent management of resources.
How To Apply For Compliance Certificate
You can apply for the HELB compliance certificate if you are up to date with your loan repayment or if you have never benefited from HELB loan. It is important to have the certificate as most employers usually request one.
One can apply for the compliance certificate from the HELB portal or e-Citizen portal. However, this article will focus on how to apply for the certificate from the HELB portal as the process is much easier and direct.
HELB issues the following compliance certificates;
- Loanee Compliance Certificate
This certificate is issued to the beneficiaries of HELB loan who are up to date with their loan repayment. It is also issued to beneficiaries who are still within the repayment grace period. Once a beneficiary has completed repaying the loan, he or she is issued with a Certificate of Clearance. This service is not charged.
- Non-Loanee Compliance Certificate
This is for those who did not benefit from HELB loan. You can apply for the non-loanee compliance certificate from the HELB portal or the e-Citizen portal. This service is not charged.
Application For The Compliance Certificate
1. Go to the new HELB Student Portal via studentportal.helb.co.ke. Log in with your email address and password or create an account if you don’t have one.
2. After successful login, go to the student dashboard.
3. You will be directed to complete your profile before proceeding to the services menu. Fill in all the relevant details required.
4. Go to the HELB Menu then click on ‘Services’.
5. A list of services will appear. Go to Compliance Certificate then click on ‘Get Certificate.’
6. The HELB system will confirm or determine whether you are a loan beneficiary or not. Proceed to print of download the compliance certificate.
Location: Anniversary Towers, 19th Floor
P.O Box 69489-00400
Student Service Centre
Location: Mezzanine One (M1) Floor, Anniversary Towers.
Tel: 0711 052 000.
Email: [email protected]