This is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a TSC duplicate certificate. Teachers Service Commission (TSC) allows one to apply for a duplicate registration certificate at any time.
One can apply for a duplicate registration certificate if he/she has misplaced, lost, or damaged his/her original TSC registration certificate or wants to change particulars eg names.
1. TSC does not accept paper applications.
2. All sections of the registration application MUST be completed in full.
3. Fill in all the required information.
4. It is an offence to wilfully give false information to TSC. The law provides that any person convicted of the offence may be fined up to Kshs 100,000 or imprisoned for 12 months or both. ( Section 44 of TSC Act No. 20 of 2012).
5. You can save part of this form and complete it at a later time if necessary.
6. Scan and attach only the required documents.
- Only original documents should be scanned and uploaded.
- For expatriate teachers, attach a letter of clearance from the Ministry of Education vetting committee.
7. For Duplicate Certificate Application, a non-refundable fee of Kshs 2060 deposited to the TSC Registration Account- National Bank of Kenya Direct Banking to A/C No: 01001005707400.
8. Ensure you have a bank deposit slip before proceeding with the duplicate certificate application.
- National ID/ Passport.
- Bank slip.
- Original police abstract.
- A marriage certificate or an affidavit. This is in the case where one wants to change names.
How to Apply for TSC Duplicate Certificate
1. Go to the TSC online portal
2. Enter your ID number and your surname.
3. Click Next.
4. Fill in all the details as required.
5. Click Next.
6. Proceed to upload scanned documents as required.
7. Save then confirm if you have correctly provided the required details.
8. Proceed to submit your application.
Teachers Service Commission (TSC) Contacts
Head Office: Kilimanjaro Avenue, Upper Hill, Nairobi.
Contacts: 020 289 2000/ 0722 208 552/ 0777 208 552.