This is a step by step guide on how to apply for water connection in Nairobi. Nairobi City Water & Sewerage company is in charge of water connection in Nairobi. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nairobi City County. Its main responsibility is providing and managing water and sewerage services in Nairobi.
Here is a guide on how to apply for a water connection in Nairobi.
- Copy of ID/ Passport.
- KRA PIN/ Certificate of incorporation.
- Copy of lease agreement.
- Tenancy agreement.
- Title deed.
- Rates demand note from Nairobi City County.
Water Connection Materials Required
- Connection clamp.
- Gate valve.
- Barrel nipple.
- Long nipple.
- Meter point.
- You will be required to fill out an online application through the NCWSC portal. This can be done via https://portal.nairobiwater.co.ke/pages/index.
- Clear the existing bills in the LR/ property or bills on any other existing contracts with NCWSC. Your application will not be processed while there are any pending bills on any NCWSC accounts on the property or owned by the applicant.
- Attach property location sketch map (draw on space provided).
- Attach one passport size photograph.
- Attach a copy of the ID card and KRA PIN for the landlord (in case of tenant application).
- Once you have completed the form, download, sign and make payments on *888# and upload it back on the portal. Application charges will be indicated on the portal https://portal.nairobiwater.co.ke/applications/watersewercharge.
- You will be assigned a reference number once you complete the application. The application is received for processing and opening the account.
- It takes 14 days for a new consumer to be connected. You can also track your application on the portal.
N/B: You have to purchase connection materials and will cater for the connection charges.
Standard excavation depth is 0.6- 1 meter and 300 mm above the ground to allow horizontal meter fixing and positioned at the entrance of the gate.
Nairobi City Water & Sewerage company Contacts