This is a guide on how to become a Safaricom supplier. Safaricom partners with competent and innovative suppliers for the supply of goods and provision of services in mutually beneficial and sustainable relationships in an environment of equity, mutual respect and honesty.
Those wishing to become Safaricom suppliers are qualified through a transparent pre-qualification process prior to engagement.
Criteria For Assessment Of Prospective Suppliers
- Relevant products and services offerings.
- Capacity and competence in the relevant areas including licenses and accreditations as required for the category of supply.
- Financial capacity to undertake business in the desired category.
- Compliance with various legal, insurance and regulatory aspects relevant to their respective business area.
- The extent to which prospective suppliers have business enabling policies.
How To Become A Safaricom Supplier
1. Potential suppliers need to register on Safaricom’s Prospective Supplier Registration Portal via https://shub.safaricom.co.ke and pass the pre-qualification process.
2. Upon accessing the prospective supplier registration portal, fill in the relevant details as will be shown. You will be requested to provide the following details:
- Your company’s registration and tax information.
- Contact details.
- Business references.
- Products and services.
3. After filling the relevant information, you will be required to attach the following mandatory documents (scan digital copies).
- Company profile. A profile of your company indicating the nature of business, history, organisation and capability.
- Company certificate of registration.
- Tax compliance certificate (where applicable).
- PIN certificate (for Kenyan companies).
Safaricom will review your expression of interest and determine whether to invite your company to participate in the prequalification process which will focus on:
- Conflict of interest
- Probity and litigations
- Business experience
- Financial capacity
- Health and safety
- Licensing and accreditations
- Presence of management policies such as codes of conduct.
Customer Support Team
PrePay: Call 100 (free), SMS 100 (free) or +254 722 002 100 (chargeable).
Email: [email protected]
PostPay: 200 (free), SMS 200 (free) or +254 722 002 200 (chargeable).
Email: [email protected]
Data Queries: [email protected]
Communications and PR Team
Email: [email protected] (for media queries only).
Phone: +254 722 003 272.
P.O Box 66827, 00800