The standard gauge railway is the best thing to happen in the Kenyan transport industry for the past 5 years. Talk of the reduced road traffic between Nairobi and Mombasa! However doing the sgr online booking in Kenya still remains a major setback.
Today we are going to show you on how to book the tickets via the SGR’s online booking website ;
1. Go to www.traintickets.co.ke
2. Select your date of travel , destination then specify if you want a one way or return ticket. After this , you can click to check the availability.
3. Select the class you would like to travel with ; economy class or first class. Pick the number of seats you will require.
4. Proceed to checkout where you have the option of changing the number of tickets that you’ve booked, the seat number and the date of travel.
5. Click to confirm your booking information and pay via MPESA.
- Alternatively you can book your ticket by making a phone call to 0709 388 888 between 7am and 4pm where you will be asked to submit your travel details same as the one on the online booking website.
- After submitting your travel info , you will be informed the amount to pay thereafter you will receive an SMS with details of the M-pesa Paybill number and the payment ID.
- Lastly you will receive a ticket information SMS which you will show at your train station. …then enjoy your journey!
N/B – Make sure to avail yourself very early at Syokimau / Miritini or else you will miss the Train.
-The online booking website is still under review