This is a guide on how to book the SGR Train online from Nairobi to Mombasa. The Madaraka Express offers two train services, one which is an express journey from Nairobi to Mombasa and an intercounty journey where travellers can alight at the immediate stations like Voi, Mtito Andei, Mariakani, Miaseny, Kibwezi, Emali, Athi River or Mombasa.
Ticket automation has made it easier even for passengers to save time and money in that instead of going personally to the station to line up so as to get to the cashier to book your ticket, one can do the booking at the comfort of his home using a phone or a personal computer.
Here is a step by step procedure for booking the SGR train online from Nairobi to Mombasa
1. Visit/Go to metickets.krc.co.ke
2. Once on the booking site dashboard, Select your travel itinerary details which are the destination and travel dates as shown below, then click Book a Train
3. Select the type of coach you want to travel in; First Class or Second Class. Note the fare variation; Ksh 3000/- & Ksh 1000/- respectively for adults. Click Book a Train again.
4. On the next page, enter your booking details/Information, that’s full name, ID -Card Number/Passport number your Nationality and then further down to payment details where you will be required to enter your M-Pesa Mobile Number and your Email.
5. Pass the security test by clicking inside the blank box behind the “I’m not a robot” and agree to the terms and conditions.
You then have an option to choose if you will pay immediately or later.
6. If You click on “Pay Now”, you will be prompted to enter your M-Pesa Pin
7. After they have successfully validated your payment, you will receive a message from SGR-Ticket with your departure time, seat number and ticket number.
8. If you clicked on “Pay Later”, then you will go to the next page to check your booking summary but payment procedure will remain the same.
NOTE: After successfully booking your ticket, you are supposed to print your ticket at the station at least an hour before the time of your departure.