This is a guide on how to buy goods and services using Safaricom Lipa na Bonga points service. The service is open to all Safaricom subscribers who are enrolled on the loyalty programme and wish to redeem their Bonga points at all vendor outlets with a Lipa na Mpesa Buy Goods or Paybill Number.
You will not be charged any extra fees for using the Lipa na Bonga points service. The Bonga points value of the bill you are paying will be deducted from your Bonga balance when you finalise redemption.
If you enter a lower amount compared to your actual bill and the transaction has been completed, you may request a reversal by contacting customer care by dialling 234 from your Safaricom line.
Bonga Points Redemption Rate
Redemption of bonga points will be at the rate of 1 Bonga point to Kshs 20 cents or as may be advised by Safaricom from time to time through media advertisements or the Safaricom website.
How To Buy Goods Using Safaricom Lipa Na Bonga Points
1. From your Safaricom line, dial *126#.
2. Select lipa na bonga.
3. Enter the vendor’s Mpesa till number then enter the amount in Kshs.
4. Enter your service PIN then confirm the transaction.
5. You will get a confirmation message with the transaction ID. The vendor will also get a confirmation message with the same transaction ID.
How to Check Points You Require to Pay Your Bills
1. Dial *126#.
2. Select lipa na bonga then select bonga calculator.
3. You will be requested to put in the amount you want to pay or the number of points you wish to redeem.
4. You will get a response showing the number of points you will need to pay your bills.
5. To check where to redeem your bonga points, simply ensure that the vendor has a lipa na Mpesa buy goods number or paybill number.
- How To Pay For KPLC Electricity Bill With Bonga Points