This is a simple guide on how to buy KPLC prepaid tokens via Mpesa as of 2020. The Kenya Power and Lighting Company have various ways in which you can pay for your electricity bill. The most popular one being the use of Mpesa to buy the prepaid tokens- which we have highlighted below.
How to Buy Kenya Power (KPLC) Prepaid Tokens via M-PESA Paybill Number 888880.
1. Go to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit, select M-PESA menu, select ”Lipa na M-PESA”
2. Select ”Pay Bill”
3. Select ”Enter Business no” then Enter KPLC’s Lipa na M-PESA PayBill Number 888880 and press OK
4. Select ” Enter Account no” then Enter your KPLC Prepaid Meter Number and then press OK
5. Enter the amount between KSh100 and 35,000 and then press OK
6. Enter your M-PESA PIN and press OK
7. Confirm if all the details you have entered are correct and press OK
8. You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-PESA for the transaction
9. KPLC will then generate prepaid token valid for your meter and send it via SMS.