This is a step by step guide on how to change NHIF outpatient hospital facility online. The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a state parastatal that was established in 1966 as a department under the Ministry of Health.
NHIF’s core mandate is to provide affordable, accessible and sustainable medical cover to all its members and their declared dependants. The dependants may be children or a spouse. NHIF membership is open to all Kenyans who have attained the age of 18 years.
NHIF allows registered members to choose or change their hospitals online. You can also select a hospital of your choice for the main member and the dependants and at any given time, you can change the selected hospital for each member. This can conveniently be done through the NHIF self-care portal. The self-care portal is an online platform that provides room for self-registration, choice of hospital, payment of monthly contributions, payment of penalties and arrears.
Apart from the online self-care portal, one can also change the NHIF hospital facility by dialling USSD *155# or using the ‘My NHIF’ app. The app can be downloaded from Google Play or the App Store.
How To Change NHIF Outpatient Hospital Facility Online
1. Go to the NHIF self-care portal via https://nhifcare.co.ke/landing/.
2. Enter your National ID number to get a One-Time Password. The password will be sent via SMS to your registered phone number.
3. Click on continue.
4. Enter the One Time Password and verify.
5. On the dashboard, click on facilities then change outpatient facility.
6. Select member/dependant.
7. Select your county.
8. Select a hospital in the selected county.
9. Submit to save change of hospital.
You can call NHIF on 0800 720 601 or visit your nearest NHIF branch if you have any questions.
Important NHIF Articles
1. How To Check your NHIF Account Contributions Status
2.NHIF Penalties For Late Payments in Kenya
3.NHIF Outpatient Hospitals List in Nairobi
4. List of All NHIF Outpatient Hospitals In Kenya
6. NHIF Mpesa Transaction Charges for Self Employed Kenyans
7. How to Pay For NHIF Using Mpesa
8.How To Register For NHIF In Kenya
9. List of All NHIF Branches in Kenya
10. List of NHIF Hospitals Allocated To Civil Servants in Nairobi
11. How To Pay NHIF Penalty Through Mpesa
13. NHIF Rates For Employed Kenyans
14. How To Add a Spouse and Children To NHIF SupaCover Cover