This is a step by step guide on how to check NSSF status via SMS. National Social Security Fund (NSSF) was established in 1965 through an Act of Parliament Cap 258 of the Laws of Kenya. NSSF provides social security protection to workers in the formal and informal sectors.
The fund was set up as a Provident Fund providing benefits in the form of a lump sum. It was later transformed to a Pension Scheme to which every Kenyan with an income shall contribute a percentage of his/her gross earnings so as to be guaranteed basic compensation in case of permanent disability, basic assistance to needy defendants in case of death and a monthly life pension upon retirement.
NSSF registers members, receives their contributions, manages funds of the scheme, processes and ultimately pays out benefits to eligible members or dependents. Contributions can be made directly to your NSSF account through Mpesa as long as you are an Mpesa registered customer.
How To Check NSSF Status Via SMS
You can conveniently check NSSF status via sms by following the steps mentioned below.
1. Send the word NSSF to 6773 and follow the instructions as directed.
2. Type NSSF, NSSF number, date of birth, full names and send the details to 6773. Ensure you leave space after typing each detail.
3. You will receive a PIN which will be sent as an SMS. The PIN will be sent after they validate data.
4. Type Bal, your new PIN then send to 6773.
5. View your statement balance that will be sent via SMS.