This is how to check the numbers registered with your ID. Telecommunication companies have introduced a convenient new feature that allows you to check how many phone numbers are registered under your name using your national ID. This advancement also includes notifications whenever a new phone number is registered with your ID number, keeping you informed and helping to combat fraud effectively. Let’s explore how you can make use of this feature.
How To Check Safaricom Numbers Registered With Your ID
To access the USSD code that handles these SIM card functions, simply dial *106#. Through this USSD menu, users can:
- Check their registered numbers and the credentials used for registration.
- Update self-sim registration
- Report any unknown numbers associated with their ID.
- Cancel any reported numbers.
- Deactivate unknown numbers
- Access to fraud tips-Jichanue
To check Safaricom numbers linked to your identification document, follow these simple steps:
- Dial *106#.
- Select option 1: Check my numbers.
You will receive a message from your service provider, such as Safaricom, displaying all the numbers registered under your ID. The message will have the following format:
“Dear customer, Registration details for the mobile numbers below are compliant as per government regulations.
What if you come across numbers that you don’t recognize? No worries, the solution is equally straightforward:
- Dial *106# or return to the home menu.
- Select option 2: Report an unknown number.
- Choose the number you don’t know.
- Double-check and confirm the number for reporting.
If, by mistake, you reported one of your valid numbers, you can navigate back to the menu, select option 4: Cancel a reported number, choose the number, and confirm the cancellation.
How To Check Airtel Numbers Registered With Your ID
Now, let’s explore how to check all Airtel Kenya SIM cards registered with your credentials:
The process for Airtel Kenya is quite similar. Just follow these steps:
- Dial *106#.
- From the menu, select option 3: Numbers registered with my ID
- Select the identification document you are using, which could be your National ID, Alien ID, Passport, Service Card, or East African ID.
- Enter the details of the selected document.
- You will receive a confirmation message indicating that your request is being processed.
- Shortly, you will receive an SMS from Airtel listing all the Airtel SIM cards associated with your identification document. The message will have the following format:
“The following numbers are registered under your ID 0789xxx001 0751xxx005 0735xxx011 0787xxx222….”
This USSD code will also help you check your SIM card registration status, self-SIM registration status, compliance FAQs, find a shop, and support through WhatsApp.
If you happen to be using a number that is not registered under your ID and are unable to trace the owner, it is advisable to visit the nearest service center of your service provider to update your details accordingly.