This is a guide on how to check your CRB status online in Kenya. CRB stands for Credit Reference Bureau and many Kenyans dread being blacklisted there because it denies them a chance to apply for other loans in future and even wads of potential employers because most companies and institutions avoid hiring loan defaulters.
The problem starts whereby many Kenyans don’t know their CRB status, that’s whether they are blacklisted or not. Transunion, Metropol and CreditInfo are the only accredited institutions to check on loans in Kenya and we are going to take you through each of them on how to check your CRB status online in Kenya.
1. How to check your CRB status Online in Kenya with Metropol
- Access the Metropol website or download the Metropol Cysobol App
- Alternatively, dial *433# using your own registered Safaricom Line
- Register by paying a registration fee of Ksh 100 through the Paybill No of 220388 after putting your ID number as your account number
- You will receive an SMS with your unique Code details, a Reference Number and a special link to your free credit report
- After registering, you can now dial *433# and input your National ID Number and you will receive your details via SMS.
- Alternatively, you can visit Metropol website and login to view your CRB status or the Metropo; application.
2. How to check CRB status Online in Kenya with TransUnion
You first need to register with Transunion by doing the following
- Send your full names to 21272
- Enter your ID number
- Choose CC (for Credit Status
After registering, you can then send your full names to 21272. Alternatively, you can use the TransUnion CRB app; TransUnion Nipashe or use the TransUnion website directly.
3. How to check CRB status Online in Kenya with CreditInfo
On CreditInfo, your Credit Report is available to you for free once every 12 months, if you access it again within the same 12 month period then you will be charged Ksh 350 for every report accessed after your first free report.
With CreditInfo, they work almost entirely on information received via email but you are supposed to check on their website and fill in your full names, your national ID, your phone number, email and even residential address, attach a PDF file of your National Id and state the reason for applying for the credit report and then you are good to go.