Getting your KPLC statement is much easier nowadays compared to the past , thanks to this digital era. There are two ways which you can use to check your bill balance ; E-bill SMS Service and the E-bill e-mail Service. Lets start with the SMS one since it’s the easiest one.
E-bill SMS Service
The E-bill SMS service allows you to query your electricity account balance and bill due date using your mobile phone. Follow these easy steps:
- Open a new SMS message.
- Type the first part of your account number in the message field. For example, if your account number is 998877-01, just type 998877.
- Send this message to 95551.
- In a few seconds you will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details. This service works for Kenyan networks. It is charged at Kshs. 5/- above the normal SMS rates.
E-bill e-mail Service
The E-bill e-mail service enables you to check your electricity account balance and bill due date via e-mail. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Open a new e-mail message.
- Type the first part of your account number in the subject field. For example, if your account number is 998877-01, just type 998877.
- Email the blank message to bill(at)kplc.co.ke Within a few minutes you will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details and payment due date.
It is important to key in the correct account number and follow the procedure of sending the message in order to get a positive response. Also note that despite the introduction of E-bill services, your detailed electricity bill will continue to be dispatched through your postal address.