Considering the fact many Kenyans have been depositing money to their Paypal accounts using third parties, news of MPesa and Paypal collaboration will be of much relief to them. As from 2020, Paypal users in Kenya can now deposit money into their accounts directly using Safaricom’s Paybill number. Below is a step by step guide on how to do it and the transaction charges involved.
1. On Paypal, click ” Top Up” and enter the amount of money you would like to deposit from Mpesa in USD and then click ”Calculate” to get the figure in Kenyan Shillings. After getting the figure then you can use the standard procedure of paying via Paybill.
2. Go to your Mpesa Menu and select Lipa na Mpesa
3. Select the ”Paybill ” option
4. Enter 800088 as the business number
5. Enter the Phone number which you registered Paypal with
6. Enter your Mpesa Pin and send
7. You will receive a text message from Mpesa for a successful transaction.
N/ B: You will be charged a 4% conversion fee for the amount you will be depositing.