This is a guide on how to do a car search online in Kenya. The process is done online via the NTSA TIMSVIRL portal, an online platform that enables you to conveniently access services offered by NTSA. From the portal, you can also access other NTSA services such as;
- License application and renewal.
- Motor vehicle registration.
- Motor vehicle inspection booking.
- Vehicle ownership/logbook transfer.
- Training curriculum and necessary guidelines for drivers.
- Reflective number plate application.
- Application of duplicate logbook.
In most cases, a car search is done when one wants to purchase a locally used vehicle and needs to know more details about the vehicle or its history. The online search costs Kshs 550 and provides necessary details such as;
- Model or make of the vehicle.
- Registered chassis number.
- Registered engine number.
- Year of manufacture.
- Details of the owner (name and address of the owner).
- The colour of the vehicle.
How To Do A Vehicle Search Online In Kenya
1. Go to the NTSA TIMSVIRL website https://timsvirl.ntsa.go.ke
2. Log in or create an account if you don’t have one.
3. Click on Online Search and continue to Copy of Vehicle Register Record
4. You will be redirected to Search Parameters where you will enter the vehicle details; registration number or /
6. If available, a copy of the vehicle register record will appear on the ”List of Vehicle(s)” section.
9. Choose your preferred payment method. If the payment is by Mpesa Paybill, follow the steps below.
- Go to Mpesa then select paybill option.
- Enter business number 206206.
- Enter the account number provided after choosing the Paybill option
- Enter the required amount (Kshs 550).
- Enter your Mpesa PIN then send.
10. Once the payment has been processed, follow the instructions provided on the website to download the requested vehicle registration information.