This article focuses on how to get an EACC clearance certificate in Kenya. Ethics And Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) is a public body established under Section 3 (1) of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Act, 2011.
EACC’s mandate is to combat and prevent corruption, economic crime and unethical conduct in Kenya through law enforcement, prevention, public education, promotion of standards and practices of integrity, ethics and anti-corruption.
How To Get EACC Clearance Certificate In Kenya
Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission is one of the necessary requirements that job seekers need to meet. Most organizations require one to have a clearance certificate from EACC before being employed.
Here is how to get EACC clearance certificate in Kenya.
1. Fill in self-declaration forms in duplicate (two copies). The forms can be downloaded from the commission’s website, www.eacc.go.ke.
2. Attach copies of Identity Card/passport, KRA PIN Certificate and copies of academic certificates to the declaration form.
3. The completed form should be signed by the applicant and the signature be witnessed by a commissioner for oaths or magistrate.
4. Upon submission of the completed form, the details are verified and acknowledgement of the application is done by stamping on the copy of the application which is retained by the applicant.
5. The completed form can be submitted in person or may be dropped on behalf of the applicant at the EACC head office, EACC regional offices or any Huduma centre. The form should not be submitted online.
6. No certificate is issued. The commission will submit to the employing agency or panel, a confidential report on all shortlisted applicants.
It is an offence to provide false information to the commission. This is punishable by a fine of Kshs 5 million or imprisonment for a term of 5 years.
Location: Integrity Centre, Jakaya Kikwete/Valley Road Junction
Contacts: 0709 781 000, 0730 997 000
Contacts: 0727 285 663, 0733 520 641
Contacts: 0715 408 512, 057 202 3111
Contact: 0729 480 404, 0737 994 444
Contact: 0703 204 580, 0789 665 500
Contact: 0703 602 727, 0789 776 600