This is how to get your Airtel PUK in Kenya. Getting locked out of your Airtel SIM card can be a bit frustrating. If you’ve found yourself in a situation where your Airtel SIM is asking for a PUK code, worry not.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to retrieve your Airtel PUK in Kenya, so you can quickly regain access to your phone and get back to connecting with your friends and family. Let’s dive in and get you sorted out in no time!
What is a PUK Number?
A personal unblocking key PUK is an 8-digit number used in SIM cards to reset a personal identification number that has been lost or forgotten.
How To Get Your Airtel PUK Number in Kenya
Get Your Airtel PUK number on the SIM Card Package Plate
One of the easiest methods to obtain your PUK number is by checking the back of your SIM card plate. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown: First, locate your SIM card plate. It’s usually a small piece of plastic that holds your Airtel SIM. On the back of this SIM card plate, you’ll likely see a section labeled “PUK,” clearly marked for your convenience.
Use your fingernail or a gentle tool to scratch off the protective layer over the PUK section. This will reveal two sets of your PUK numbers. Once the numbers are revealed, write down the PUK number that corresponds to the SIM card you’re trying to unlock.
This PUK number will help you regain access to your locked SIM card. In case you cannot access the SIM plate like most of us, worry not, the other two options below will come in handy.
Get Your Airtel PUK number by SMS
- On your phone dialer, dial *100# then OK
- From the menu, Select option 8: Get PUK
- From the two options, select option 1: Own Number
- Enter the ID or Passport number used to register your line
- Confirm the ID or Passport number details and hit okay
Airtel will process your request and if the details you entered are correct, you will receive an SMS from Airtel with the PUK number for your line.
Get Your Airtel PUK Number for Another Airtel Number by SMS
- Dial *100# On your phone dialer and hit OK. A menu will populate
- Select option 8: Get PUK on your menu
- Here, select option 2: Another Number
- Next, enter the mobile number of the line that requires the PUK
- Enter the ID or Passport number used to register the Airtel line
- Confirm the ID or Passport number details and send
You will receive an SMS from Airtel with the PUK number for the number.
Airtel Customer Care Contacts
Phone: 0733 100 100 or 100.