PayPal is a global leader in online payment solutions. It is one of the safest and easiest ways to pay and get paid online. PayPal service allows anyone with an account to transact in any way they prefer. This could be through credit cards, bank accounts, PayPal smart connect or through mobile transaction , such as M-pesa. All this is done without sharing your financial information with a different party.
PayPal in Kenya is mostly used by those involved in online work such as academic and article writers.
How To Open A PayPal Account In Kenya
Creating a PayPal account is one of the simplest things to do. It is a task that takes a few minutes as everything is done online.
It is free to sign up for a PayPal account.
Here is a step by step guide on how to open a PayPal account in Kenya.
1. Go to the PayPal website via www.PayPal.com.
2. Click on Sign Up, which is displayed at the top right-hand side of the screen.
3. Choose from 2 types of PayPal accounts, Personal Account and Business Account.
- Personal Account enables one to shop in his/her country and around the world.
- Business Account enables you to accept payments and send invoices to your customers.
4. After choosing the type of account, your country will be automatically selected for you. Alternatively, scroll down and select Kenya.
5. Enter your valid email address then create your password. Confirm your password.
6. Click continue.
7. Correctly fill in all the required details. This includes; First name, last name, date of birth, city, mobile number and postal code (optional).
9. Click on Agree and Create Account.
10. After completing the process, you will receive a confirmation email and an activation link from PayPal.
11. The final step is to link your PayPal account with your bank account