This is a step by step guide on how to opt in to okoa stima. Okoa stima is a service by Safaricom that offers customers both on Pre-Pay and Post-Pay a one stop shop for all their power access needs. Okoa stima offers services such as account registration, payment of power bills, purchase of tokens, bill querying and presentment.
Okoa stima is charged a facility fee of 10% of value of the top up meaning you will receive tokens worth 10% less the amount requested. The minimum you can borrow is Kshs 100 while the maximum is Ksh 1000 for prepaid meters and Kshs 2500 for postpaid meters.
Payment duration for okoa stima is within 7 days. However, you can repay the top up before the due date and borrow again. If you request for a top up, the requested amount will be sent to you as a token (for prepaid accounts) or used to clear your postpaid bill at Kenya Power.
You can register up to three prepaid or postpaid accounts for okoa stima service.
How To Opt In To Okoa Stima
- Dial *885# and accept okoa stima terms and conditions.
- Enter National ID number.
- Set your preferred PIN and confirm.
- You will receive a confirmation message via SMS.
- Select continue.
- Enter your services PIN.
- Select register meter/account and select register new.
- Select prepaid or postpaid.
- Enter meter or account number and submit.