This article will focus on how to pay for Netflix using Mpesa in Kenya. Netflix is a worldwide online streaming platform with over 180 million subscriptions that allows subscribers to access a wide variety of award-winning movies, TV shows, animations, narrations and documentaries.
Netflix subscribers in Kenya have to pay subscription charges for their preferred packages. The packages include; Basic Package for Kshs 700 monthly, Standard Package for Kshs 950 and Premium Package for Kshs 1200 per month.
Mpesa is undoubtedly the most preferred means of payment in Kenya. However, Netflix only allows payments via Credit/Debit card. Despite that, there is a simple trick that you can use to pay for your subscription using Mpesa, as long as you have a PayPal account that is linked with Mpesa.
There is no direct mode of payment using Mpesa (Lipa na Mpesa). That’s why you have to use your PayPal account.
How to pay for Netflix using Mpesa
1. Create a PayPal account if you don’t have one. It is a simple process that can be done through the official PayPal website. You can log in to your account if you already have one.
2. Link your PayPal account to your Mpesa by following the steps outlined on the Paypal Money service website.
3. Transfer the preferred amount (preferred package) to your PayPal account.
4. Simply go to your Mpesa and select the Lipa na Mpesa option.
5. Use Pay Bill number 800088. Enter your Mpesa number as your account number and proceed to complete the transaction.
6. Go back to your Netflix account and log in.
7. Update your Netflix payment information.
8. Choose PayPal then follow the instructions as will be shown.
9. Click on ‘Agree & Continue’ to finish the payment update process.
10. Once the update is accepted, funds will automatically be deducted from your PayPal account, depending on your preferred package or the package that you chose.