On this post, we have a look at how you can pay for your NHIF contribution in Kenya via Mpesa as of 2019. The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is the largest and most affordable medical insurance cover that enables Kenyans to enjoy many benefits from as low as Ksh 500 per month. The cover which is available to formal and informal employment protects principal members and beneficiaries. All citizens and Kenyan residents above 18 years of age are eligible to register for One can apply for a single membership or family membership which allows them to in
To make your NHIF contributions via Mpesa, one will need NHIF’s paybill number (200222) and contributor’s ID number which acts as the account number.
How To Pay For NHIF Via Mpesa 2019
1. Go to your Mpesa Menu
2. Select ” Lipa na Mpesa”
3. Select Paybill
4. Enter 200222 as the Business number
5. Enter your National ID number as the account number
6. Enter the amount you would like to contribute – the minimum is Ksh 500
7. Enter your Pin number and press OK.
8. You will receive a transaction confirmation message from Mpesa.
Phone : (020) 272 3246 / (020) 272 3290
Email: [email protected]
You can also contact NHIF via their Twitter handle @nhifkenya for a quick response.