Showmax is a South African internet-based subscription video on demand service that has been supplying TV shows and movies since 2015. You can watch their content on your laptop, phone, tablet, TV and any media streaming device. You can pay for Showmax using your credit, cheque Card, voucher, PayPal and of course through Mpesa. They charge Ksh 880 per month. However, they allow a free trial of 14 days without providing any commitment e.g providing your credit card details.
You can also get a 3 months subscription for only Ksh 250 if you pay via Mpesa, DSTV premium subscribers get Showmax at a zero cost! Yes, you heard it right (: Below is a step by step guide on how to pay for Showmax if you are in Kenya as of 2018.
How to Start your free Showmax trial.
1. Log on to trial.showmax.com.
2. Enter your Phone number
3. Click on ” SMS my trial voucher”
4. You will get a voucher code like this on your phone
5. Go to www.showmax.com/voucher and enter your voucher code
6. Your 14 -day free trial will be successfully initiated.
After your free trial expires, you will have to pay for your subscription. Below is a guide on how you can pay for Showmax subscription using MPesa.
1. Sign in to Showmax
2. Ensure the MPesa number that you use to pay for your Showmax account is the same as your mobile number.
3. Go to your Mpesa Menu
4. Select Lipa Na Mpesa
5. Select PayBill
6. Enter 852552 as the business number
5.Enter your phone number as the account number
6. Enter Ksh 250 as the amount
7.Enter your Mpesa pin and press OK
8. You will receive a transaction confirmation message from Mpesa that your contribution has been sent to Showmax
4. The go to the Showmax payments page and click ”validate M-Pesa” to start watching.