This is a step-by-step guide on how to pay for KWS park fees through eCitizen. Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a state corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament (Cap 376), with the mandate to conserve and manage wildlife in Kenya and to enforce related laws and regulations.
KWS recently announced a new revenue payment solution intended to enhance customer experience and convenience while accessing its services through the eCitizen platform.
The directive took effect on Tuesday 22nd August 2023, whereby all visitors planning to explore KWS-managed national parks, reserves and sanctuaries will enjoy the ease of paying their conservation fees through the eCitizen platform.
How to Pay for KWS Park Fees through eCitizen
1. Download the eCitizen app from App Store or Google Play. You can also access the platform via https://kws.ecitizen.go.ke/.
2. Log in to the platform or sign up if you don’t have an account.
3. Select Kenya Wildlife Service.
4. Choose the park, reserve or sanctuary that you plan to visit.
5. Fill out a form with details of the number of people planning to visit, their age and gender.
6. Carefully countercheck the information filled before proceeding to the next step which involves making payments.
7. Choose your preferred mode of payment then proceed to pay the required amount. You can make payments using Mpesa, Airtel Money, a credit or debit card.
8. Review your details again before finishing the payment process.
9. You will receive a confirmation message and an e-ticket once the payment is successfully made.
10. Present or submit the e-ticket at the entrance of the national park, reserve or sanctuary you are visiting.
11. The transaction will be recorded in the Kenya wildlife Service (KWS) system, facilitating your entry to the park, reserve or sanctuary when you arrive at the entrance.
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) Contacts
Tel: 020 237 9407/ 020 237 9408.
Toll free: 0800 597 000.