This is a guide on how to pay NHIF contributions via Mpesa for employers in Kenya as of 2020. The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is the largest and most affordable medical insurance cover. It is mandatory for all employers in Kenya to register for NHIF. Upon registration, they are issued with an employer’s code. They are then obligated to submit their employee’s monthly contributions to NHIF using the employer’s code.
How To Pay NHIF Contributions Via Mpesa as an Employer
1. Generate the E-Slip/By-product number in the NHIF Portal
- Download byproduct excel sheet here
- Fill the excel sheet accordingly.
- Log in to the NHIF online portal here
- Upload your excel byproduct.
- Validate the byproduct, and then submit
- Print the e-slip to obtain the byproduct number that you will use to make the payment below via Mpesa.
2. Go to the M-PESA menu and click on Lipa na M-PESA then Paybill.
3. Enter 200222 as the business number.
4. For account details – enter the generated by-product number as the account number.
5. Enter the amount you want to pay.
6. Enter your PIN Number.
7. You will receive a message confirming your payment.
N/B: If you fail to pay in time (9th of every month) you get penalties double the contribution amount.
Phone : 020 272 3246 / 020 272 3290
Email: [email protected]
You can also contact NHIF via their Twitter handle @nhifkenya for a quick response.