This is a simple guide on how to pay for your postpaid KPLC electricity bill via Mpesa. According to a recent world bank report, Kenyans have the highest access to electricity in East Africa. The report says at over 75 percent electricity access, the country’s access is almost triple Uganda’s 22 percent and almost double Tanzania’s 32.8 percent. Thanks to the efforts of the government of Kenya to ensure that all Kenyans by the year 2022 have universal access to electricity.
There are two ways in which one can pay for their electricity bill in Kenya; through the prepaid or postpaid method. In this post, we will have a look at how to pay your postpaid electricity bill via Mpesa. Being on postpaid means that you receive a bill at the end of the month based on your usage.
How To Pay Postpaid Electricity Bill via Mpesa
1. Go to your Mpesa Menu
2. Select Lipa na Mpesa
3. Select Paybill
4. Enter 888888 as the Business number
5. Enter your KPLC Prepaid Meter Number
6. Enter the amount you want to pay; must be between KSh100 and 35,000
7. Enter your Pin number and press OK.
8. Confirm if all the details you have entered are correct and press OK
9. You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-PESA for the transaction
10. KPLC will then generate prepaid token valid for your meter and send it via SMS.
Kenya Power and lighting company (KPLC) Contacts
Phone : +254 203201000 / 0703 070 707 | 0732 170 170
Twitter : @KenyaPower_Care
Facebook: Kenya Power Care