A member can reactivate his or her NHIF membership and start enjoying the NHIF Supa cover benefits by taking advantage of the amnesty extended to all previous NHIF members that stopped remitting regular contributions. The amnesty applies as follows :
1.Self-employed members who have defaulted for 1- 12 months
Note that a member has 5 days from the date of paying the late contribution to complete payment of penalties.
2. Self-employed members who have defaulted for over 12 months are be required to start afresh. However, they will not have the option of paying penalties in order to access benefits immediately. The member will be restricted from accessing NHIF benefits for 60 days.
You can reactivate your NHIF card by paying at least KES 1,500 to resume usage of your card.
3. Employed members are required to get a letter from the new employer and a duly filled amendment form requesting a change. Download the amendment form here
You can call NHIF on 0800 720 601 or visit your nearest NHIF branch if you have any questions.
How To Pay NHIF Penalty Through Mpesa
1. Go to Mpesa and click ”Lipa na Mpesa”
2. Enter 200222 as the NHIF business number
3. For account details, enter your national ID number then add letter ”y” at the end i.e ” 32688811y” . This will treat the payment as a penalty.
4. Enter Ksh 250 for every month you have defaulted.
5. Enter your Mpesa PIN
6. You will receive a confirmation message for the payment.
Other Important Links
1.How To Check your NHIF Account Contributions Status 2018
2.NHIF Penalties For Late Payments in Kenya
3.NHIF Outpatient Hospitals List in Nairobi
4. List of All NHIF Outpatient Hospitals In Kenya
6. NHIF Mpesa Transaction Charges for Self Employed Kenyans
7. How to Pay For NHIF Using Mpesa
8.How To Register For NHIF In Kenya
9. List of All NHIF Branches in Kenya
10. List of NHIF Hospitals Allocated To Civil Servants in Nairobi
11. How To Pay NHIF Penalty Through Mpesa
13. NHIF Rates For Employed Kenyans
14. How To Add a Spouse and Children To NHIF SupaCover Cover
15.How To Check Your NHIF Account Number In Kenya