This is a step by step guide on how to receive money via Western Union in Kenya. Western Union is one of the many global money transfer platforms which enables one to send and receive money from within or outside the country. It is as reliable as it is fast, secure and efficient.
You will be required to carry your National ID and your Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) to pick up money from any Western Union near you. Remember to also check the status of your money transfer using the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) to know if the money is ready for pickup.
How to receive money via Western Union in Kenya.
1. Using an online agent locator, check the nearest agent to you or just walk to any Western Agent you know.
2. Complete the To Receive Money Form at the Agent Location. Fill in the following appropriately:
- Sender’s name
- Where money was sent from
- Test question and answer (if applicable)
- MTCN is mandatory
3. Present your ID and Form to the Agent Clerk:
4. After checking your ID and verifying it, the agent will give you a receipt to sign and then you are ready to collect your money
Note that most agents are open as from 08:00 AM-16: 00 PM from Monday to Saturday.