The ability to effectively use a computer has become a necessary aspect of working in most Kenyan industries. However, as technologies continue to advance, most of the workers in a particular field may not have the skills necessary to fully utilize the computer-based tools for that field. This need for continuing development and training presents an opportunity for computer-savvy entrepreneurs who are effective teachers. By starting a computer training college, you can utilize your specific expertise to deliver a rewarding service to your clients.
Today , we are going to take you through a step by step process on how you can register a computer training college in Kenya. Remember that the private tutoring market is experiencing rapid growth in our country. So starting your own computer training college will allow you to get involved with in a growing.
How to Register a Computer College in Kenya
1. Firstly, you will need to undertake a business name search from the Registrar General then Obtain a “letter of no objection” on suitability of the name from ‘The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority of Kenya’
2. After being notified that the name is suitable, you will register the Business name with the office of the Registrar General
3. Download the The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority of Kenya application Forms for accreditation of the college, manager, Trainer, approval of programs, foreign institution and checklist here.
4. Submit complete application forms to TVETA ( Telposta Towers 25th Floor) or email to [email protected]
5. The Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority of Kenya will Verify and evaluate the completeness of the application Forms and an acknowledgement letter will be sent to you.
6. The college premises will be scheduled for inspection if the application is found to meet minimum requirements by the TVETA Director General.
7. A Team of assessors will physically visit and inspect the institution for compliance with set standards for registration and licensing. Download the assessment tool here
8. The assessors will prepare an inspection report which will be presented to TVETA Board
9. Resolution of the Board based on evaluation of the inspection report shall :
- Approve Licensing of the institution
- Reject the application
- Request the Institution to improve within a period of six months
The applicant is notified on results of the TVETA Board resolution within 3 months from the date of submission of a fully compliant application. After that TVETA will issue training License to you if the college has been approved.