This is a guide on how to register as a foreign contractor in Kenya. National Construction Authority (NCA) is the legal body that regulates, streamlines and builds capacity in the construction industry in Kenya. Anyone wishing to undertake any construction project in Kenya must register with NCA.
Here is a guide on how to register as a foreign contractor in Kenya.
Requirements For Registration As A Foreign Contractor
- Registration shall be valid for the period of the construction works contract, or the project in question.
- The registration license shall be renewable every financial year, failure to which the registration shall be cancelled by the board.
- The NCA board may require an applicant to appear before it and produce documentary evidence of its competence in executing construction works.
- Foreign firms present in Kenya can carry out specific works for which it has been contracted, for which the sum payable is not less than the sum prescribed by the board for the class of works in respect of which registration is sought.
- All applications should be submitted as new applications and not renewal applications.
- All applications should be submitted individually for each project under execution.
- Submit schedules of projects executed/under execution since registration with the authority.
- Submit evidence on 30 percent sub-contracting/ joint venture arrangement with local contractors.
- Put measures in place to transfer technical skills not available within the country to local personnel.
- Accredit all their skilled and non-skilled workers with the Authority Certificate of Incorporation/Certificate of Compliance from the Registrar of companies.
- CR12 from Registrar of companies.
- KRA tax compliance certificate.
1. Log onto the NCA website www.nca.go.ke
2. Click on the Contractors tab on the homepage, then click on Register to be a contractor. Click on Contractor registration portal.
3. Click on Register, then register an account by filling in the requested information.
4. After registering an account, log in to the account then click on New contractor registration.
5. Click on Foreign contractor and correctly fill in the requested information.
Location: 9th Floor, KCB Towers, Kenya Road, Upper Hill Area, Nairobi
Tel: +254 709 126 102/172/173
2. Nairobi Regional Office
Location: Likoni Road, Industrial Area, Opposite NTSA.
Contact: 0701 913 723
3. Upper Eastern Region
Location: Former Ministry of Public Works Office, Off Isiolo-Marsabit Road
Contact: 0717 866 955
4. Central Eastern Region
Location: Public Works Yard, Majimbo Area, Embu-Kiritiri Road
Contact: 0790 849 967
5. Central Nyanza Region
Location: Former Ministry of Public Works Offices, Airport Road, Kisumu
Contact: 0704 737 878
6. Central Rift Region
Location: Former Ministry of Public Works Offices, Prison Road, Nakuru
Contact: 0708 768 457
7. North Rift Regional Office
Location: Former Ministry of Public Works Offices, Oloo Street, Eldoret
Contact: 0790 303 186
8. Coast Regional Office
Location: Former Ministry Of Public Works Offices, Shimanzi Road, Makande Area
Contact: 0707 351 398
9. Lower Eastern Regional Office
Location: Former Ministry Of Public Works Offices, Kitui-Nairobi Road
Contact: 0712 267 704
10. Kajiado Regional Office
Location: Off Namanga Road, Kajiado Town.
Contact: 0716 673 726
11. Kiambu Regional Office
Location: Treasury Building, Off Kiambu Road, Kiambu
Contact: 0704 410 497
12. Nyanza South Regional Office
Location: County Public Works Yard, Kisii-Kericho Road
Contact: 0729 931 866
13. Mt Kenya Regional Office
Location: Former Ministry Of Public Works Offices, Chania Road, Nyeri
Contact: 0703 749 742
14. North Eastern Regional Office
Location: Former Ministry of Public Works Offices, Off Kismayu Road, Garissa
Contact: 0707 999 455
15. Western Regional Office
Location: Ministry of Roads, Provincial Headquarters Off Kisumu-Kakamega Road, Kakamega Town
Contact: 0720 342 594