On this post, we have a look at the requirements one must meet in order to register as a graduate engineer in Kenya. The registration and licensing of engineers is done by the Engineers Board of Kenya. This is one of the most marketable courses in the country which also doubles as one of the hardest courses one can study. Most engineering programmes take more than 5 years of hard work and endurance to complete.
After graduation, one is required to register with the Engineers Board of Kenya in order to be recognized as an engineer in Kenya. Below is application procedure one must follow to be registered.
How To Register As A Graduate Engineer In Kenya
1. Fill in an application form. You can either download it from here or get it at the Engineers Board of Kenya customer information desk.
2. Attach the following documents with your application form: They must be certified by the Commissioner of Oaths.
- Copy of Degree Certificate and other relevant academic certificates
- Copy of KCSE Certificate
- Copy of National Identity Card (ID)
- Two coloured passport photos
Graduates from Foreign universities should attach certified copies of the transcripts, address/email address of the university and the contact person.
3. Deposit Ksh 4,000.00 for application fee at EBK’s Bank Account.
The Account Name is: Engineers Board of Kenya
Account No: 01001031539000
Bank: National Bank. Hill Plaza
4. Drop your application together with the bank slip at the Engineers Board of Kenya customer information desk.
5. You will then be given an acknowledgement letter showing that you have applied as a Graduate Engineer and your application is awaiting processing by the Board after the bank slip has been receipted.
6. You will receive a letter from the board indicating if your application has been approved or rejected.
7. Upon approval, you will thereafter be issued with a registration certificate.
You can contact the Engineers Board of Kenya using the avenues below if you have any further questions.
Engineers Board of Kenya Contacts
Phone : +254-20-2719974, +254-735-330744, +254-722-509972
Email: [email protected]
Address: Fortis Suites, 9th Floor, Hospital Rd, Nairobi, Kenya.