This is a guide on how to register for Mpost in Kenya. MPost, which means Mobile Post office, is a virtual post office that was launched on 16th June 2016 by the Postal Corporation of Kenya. It allows any mobile phone user to have their phone act as a mobile post office. This way, your mobile phone number acts as a formal postal address.
You can register for Mpost by dialling *234# or *890*90#. The first option (*234#) is available to Safaricom users while *890*90# is available to all networks. The virtual box costs Ksh 300 per year.
How to register for Mpost on Safaricom ( *234# )
1. Dial *234# on your Safaricom line
2. Select Mpesa products
3. Select Mpost – number 9
4. Select 1 to start the registration process
5. Enter your ID number
6. Enter your preferred postal code. Make sure you choose the nearest one. You can check out a list of all postal codes here
7. A Pop up will appear asking you to pay Ksh 300 to complete the registration.
8. You will then receive a message with your Mpost address. The address will be in this format; 254712345678-00100. Whereby ”254712345678” is your phone number and 00100 is your area postal code.
Email: [email protected]