This is a guide on how to register for NHIF Linda Mama, Boresha Jamii program as of 2018. The NHIF Linda Mama program was launched in October 2016 to improve the access and quality of maternal care in Kenya. All pregnant women who are Kenyan Citizens are eligible to be members of Free Maternal Services. The program which is funded by NHIF provides cover for four visits of antenatal care, delivery, postnatal care, conditions and complications during pregnancy and care for the infant for a period of one year.
NHIF Linda Mama Registration requirements
- Pregnant women of age 18 years and above are registered using their national identification cards and Antenatal care records
- Pregnant women under 18 years are registered using their guardians’ national identification cards and Antenatal care record
- Pregnant women without national identification cards or guardians are registered using Antenatal care records
- Pregnant women must be Kenyan Citizens
Where to Register For Linda Mama
- Mobile phone
- NHIF Online registration portal Link
- Contracted Healthcare providers
- NHIF service centres
- Huduma centres countrywide
Linda mama Mobile Registration
How To register For NHIF Linda Mama Via Phone
1.Dial *263# on your phone.
2. Select 1 on the NHIF mobile menu
3. Select your Language option
4.Select Free Maternity as your scheme
5. Choose the type of identification for registration
6. Enter your identification number to complete the registration.
You will then present FMS number assigned on registration to any of the contracted NHIF health care providers for activation and verification of details.